Community

Mambo! From The Heart, Orchestra Akokán Delights Denver

Akokán is a Yoruba word used in Cuba meaning “from the heart,” and judging from the smiles and passion of all members of Orquesta Akokán their sophisticated and classy performance felt like a heartfelt gift from the band to the listener.

Just Like Nana Used To Make! Nana’s Cocina, New Mexican Cuisine Served With A Side Of Love

We’re Back! LatinasGive! & L.I.F.T. Colorado’s First Latina & Latino Giving Circles reunite After Covid, Grants Now Available…

Dozens of Latino men and Latina women came together in North Denver’s Elks Lodge August 25, 2022 to let everyone know that and its male counterpart L.I.F.T. (Latinos Impacting Our Future Together) Colorado’s First All Male Latino Giving Circle are back and ready to to get to work supporting community non-profits through grants and a number of other support services. Grant applications are being accepted through the month of September 2022.

What’s All The Hoopla About? NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope Delivers!

By now you have probably heard and seen a lot of the hoopla regarding the images being sent back to earth from the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). But did you know that some of those stars and other objects in those images may not even exist anymore, at least not in the form in that the telescope captured them. Why?

Worth The Wait! Santana, Earth, Wind & Fire Deliver Miraculous Supernatural Tour To Denver

“Incredible”, “awesome,” “best ever”. Those just some of the comments made by the thousands who waited for more than two years for the much anticipated but long delayed concert featuring two power house bands who music is as timeless as it is popular. The Miraculous Supernatural Tour had finally come to Denver.

Alive, Well & Prospering, Noche de Museo, Museo de las Americas Celebrates Art, Community & Perseverance

It all started back in 1991. The Art World was not welcoming to communities of color, including Latinos in Denver. Fed up with being marginalized, a group of passionate Denver artists including Jose Aguayo, Magdalena Aguayo, Ramon Kelley, Ramona Kelley, Emanuel Martinez, Maria Lupita Martinez and Rebecca Arellano teamed up to found Museo de las Americas, a space that would celebrate and honor Latino art and culture with exhibits that showcased our community’s tremendous creative talent.

Part Disney, Part Burlesque, Total Enjoyment! Moulin Rouge Transcends Time Thru June 26th, LLD Review

Combining traditional and contemporary Latin ska, Roka Hueka is a 6-piece band with members originating from Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, and the US. Singer Andres Gonzalez brought his love for energetic ska from Chihuahua, Mexico to Colorado.

From Venezula to Moulin Rouge Via Denver, Rangeview Grad Andrés Quintero Hits The Big Time! Thru June 26 at DCPA

“It took me six auditions to finally land the part in Moulin Rouge in 2020” said Quintero adding and “I was very lucky to get that part, it was a coveted role.” Then Covid 19 pandemic hit and Broadway along with everything else shut down. I had to wait two years to finally play the part.”