BEHIND THE SCENES TOURS
Discover how theatre comes to life on and off the stage. Explore costume shops, design studios and Denver Performing Arts Complex venues.
Public and private group tours
Our expertly guided tours are 90 minutes long and give you an exclusive look at the secrets of producing professional theatre. Reservations are encouraged but walk-ups are welcome.
- A sneak peek at costumes, scenery, lighting and props from our Tony-winning Theatre Company
- Incredible artwork and architecture in unique performance spaces throughout the Denver Performing Arts Complex
- The history and lore of the Complex, our theatres and past productions
- Participating organizations include Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Colorado Ballet, Colorado Symphony and Opera Colorado
Tips for a successful tour
- Most of our tours cover the entire performing arts complex; please wear comfortable shoes
- Tours are fully accessible to patrons in wheelchairs
- Due to performance-related activities, not all venues in the complex may be available
- Tours are recommended for participants 10 years and older
- We require a 3-week minimum advance notice on all private tour requests. Private tours can accommodate 10-40 participants at a time. Private tours can be scheduled at 2:00pm on Mondays and at 10:00am and 2:00pm on Tuesday-Friday.