Telemundo Denver Takes Home Total Of 16 Awards of Excellence, Most Of Any Other SpanishLanguage Station In The Market
The Colorado Broadcasters Association (CBA) awarded Telemundo
Denver / KDEN a total of 16 Awards of Excellence, including “2014 Station of the Year” among Spanishlanguage television stations in the Denver Metro area. The awards were announced at the CBA’s annual gala, which took place on Saturday, March 7, 2015 at the Denver Marriott Tech Center in Denver.
In addition to the top station honors, News Anchor Guillermo Martinez, Sports Anchor Carlos Rausseo and Weather Anchor Javier Castro were all recognized with a 2014 Award of Excellence.
“We are humbled and honored to be recognized by the Colorado Broadcasters Association with this prestigious journalistic recognition,” said Andrés Chaparro, General Manager, Telemundo Denver. “These awards represent our station’s commitment to deliver best-in-class news the way our viewers expect and deserve and we look forward to continuing to serve our communities with the information they need to flourish in their daily lives.”
The following is a complete list of all Awards of Excellence presented to Telemundo Denver:
• Best Station of the Year (Spanish-language) – Telemundo Denver
• Best News Anchor or Team – Guillermo Martinez
• Best Weathercaster – Javier Castro
• Best Specialty Reporter – “Immigration Coverage”
• Best Regularly Scheduled Newscast – “Noticiero Telemundo Denver”
• Best General Assignment Report, within 24 hours – “Trabajadores Bajo la Sombra”
• Best Hard News, Spot News Report, within 24 hours – “Venezuela en Crisis”
• Best Single or Series Program or News Magazine – “Executive Action Announcement”
• Best Investigative Reporting – “Problemas con Licencias de Conducir”
• Best Community Service Campaign – “Cuide su Salud: ¡No Hay de Otra!”
• Best Station Promotion/Marketing Campaign – “Más Noticias Campaign”
• Best Station Promo – “Driver’s License for Undocumented Immigrants”
• Best Television Commercial for an Advertiser – “The Moment”
• Best Sales Campaign for an Advertiser – “History Colorado Center Campaign”
• Best Video Essay with No Narrative – “Don Guille”
• Best Station Website – www.TelemundoDenver.com
The annual CBA’s Awards of Excellence recognizes the creativity and originality in the Colorado radio and
television industry. For a complete and detailed list of all the winners, please access the Colorado Broadcasters
Association website here.
Telemundo 25 Denver
Telemundo Denver / KDEN is Telemundo’s local television station serving Spanish-speaking viewers throughout Denver and the state of Colorado. Owned by NBCUniversal, the station is committed to delivering viewers local breaking news, in-depth journalism and weather, sports and entertainment headlines across a variety of platforms, including on air, online at TelemundoDenver.com and via mobile and social media channels. The station has a strong commitment to education and community involvement throughout Colorado.
Andrés Chaparro has been Station Manager of Telemundo Denver (KDEN) since August 2010. Andrés earned his degree in Marketing and Advertising from Bogota’s prestigious Politecnico Gran Colombiano University and began his career working for an international advertising agency in Bogota, Colombia. After coming to the U.S he quickly moved on to opportunities in Spanish language media, working first for Univison TV (Entravision) in Albuquerque. During several years with the Univision and Telemundo stations in the Dallas market and with the Telemundo station in the Chicago market, he built a reputation for thoughtful leadership, integrity, and keen understanding of the Hispanic market. As Station Manager for Telemundo Denver, Andrés has positively transformed the station and facilitated its mission to help grow Denver businesses while also benefiting the community.
Andrés has also worked diligently to promote health and education in the Metro area’s Hispanic population, participating and promoting outreach to raise awareness in the community about key issues affecting them. Currently, he serves on the American Diabetes Association Colorado Leadership (Chair for the Por Tu Familia), at the Early Childhood Leadership Commission (Co-Chair for the Communications Commission).
Andrés is the recipient of the 2013 “LEARN” Outreach Award from the American Diabetes Association and the 2013 “REBOZO” Award from Centro San Juan Diego (Archdiocese of Denver). Andres is a former board member for the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Denver, the Susan G. Komen of Colorado and the Immigrant and Refugee Commission for the Denver Human Rights & Community Partnerships.
Be the first to comment on "TELEMUNDO DENVER WINS “2014 STATION OF THE YEAR” AWARD FROM THE COLORADO BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION"